Starting to get rather pissed at my new Macbook...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nStyle, Jan 7, 2010.

1. nStyle macrumors 65816

Alright so... brand new Macbook Pro 15"... November 09... etc...

Earlier I inserted a DVD that the MB wouldn't read and it spun forever and I couldn't eject it. I finally restarted and waited about 10 min for it to restart then it finally ejected somehow.

Now the touchpad multi-touch functions are not working. They are enabled in System Preferences but not working. Do I really have to restart every time this thing messes up on a simple little thing that shouldn't go wrong?

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Maybe you should try an SMC & PRAM reset. If that doesn't work then you might have a faulty logic board.

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I would try the PRAM reset and if that doesn't work I would back up your data and do a restore and put your data back...

and if that does work take it to the apple store..(if you take it to the apple store they are likely to ask if you restored and if not they will likely suggest that)

4. nStyle thread starter macrumors 65816

It's working again now...

IDK I just hear all this talk about Mac's never tear up, etc... well it didn't "tear up", but it was kinda weird...

5. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Had a problem with 1 DVD, then had another problem for the first time. So you instantly start a thread before you even deal with it....

FYI- hold a trackpad click down while restarting to eject CD/DVD