Starting to get really frustrated with pages not loading

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aok1979, Jul 2, 2011.

1. aok1979 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro. I bought it a year ago because I am a Mac person and I needed something that would internet surf in real time for my work.
    I have a weird issue - the internet will be working fine, cruising along. Suddenly, it will go through a "black-out" period of about 4-5 minutes where it won't load certain pages (including Facebook and Google searches). Then after the 4 minutes are up, the websites will start working fine again. And then about 20 minutes later, I'll have another "black-out" period. And it keeps going on and on like that.
    I use Safari, but the problem exists in Firefox, too. From what I've seen, my husband's Toshiba tablet surfs the internet just fine during this period. I tried hard-wiring my MacBook Pro during the black-outs and it still didn't work.
    What the heck? It's starting to get annoying. I have the most recent version of Snow Leopard. I hope I am posting this in the right place.

2. craig1212 macrumors newbie

3. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Do you have the firewall enabled on your computer and with that not letting ping through? If so change the firewall. You could also have a problem on your router side by having "ping-flood-protection" enabled, don't use that as it is known to give problems with some configurations. See if it helps.

How is your network set up?

4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

try clearing the cache

to to terminal: