Starting to regret switching to the Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haddman, Apr 28, 2011.

1. haddman macrumors regular

Ok, so after Verizon offered my almost $500 dollars in credits to switch to them, I finally did. Dropped calls have been a major annoyance for me and especially my wife, who talks on the phone way more than I do. However, I must say since the 4.3 software upgrade, dropped calls seem to occur a lot less. Not sure if it was the software or network upgrades in m area. Anyways...for calls the verizon phones are rock solid, neither of us have dropped 1 single call in 3 weeks. The dang internet speeds are brutally slow though, most web browsing is fine, but when it comes to apps that use data, streaming video, etc it's terrible. If I get 1-1.5 mb speeds it's a rarity, most of the time around .5 mbs or less. I do badly miss the 2-5 mps of ATT data speeds some days. If the new iPhone 5 in September is not LTE, and AT&T's is HSPA + I may be biting the bullet and switching back. You don't really lose much money after you sell these things on Ebays anyways, I sold my other 2 iPhone for over $1000. Why can't I have the best of both worlds, super fast data and rock solid calls!!

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Why not get both VZW and AT&T iPhones for calls and data then? ;)

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

A better solution would be to purchase a 4G Mifi from Verizon. Assuming the network doesn't go down again, the speeds are blazing fast.

4. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

+1, this is my plan for the moment.

5. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Do you have LTE in your area or is Verizon planing on bring LTE to your area in time soon?

6. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

First you'll be looking at early termination charges and then selling is not as easy as you might think. Verizon iphone does not have that great a resale value because its CDMA, just check Ebay, and note all the item listings that state, BAD ESN, so if you just cancel and pay the termination fee this may not apply to you but I would certainly check before biting the bullet.