Starting to wish I had not upgraded to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dale124, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Dale124 macrumors member

I'm getting very frustrated with this upgrade I did on Saturday. I am unable to print with my Epson Artison 800 since upgrading. I tried a new driver, but then later read somewhere that the drivers they say fix the issues are for a usb connection setup. Mine is set up wirelessly. I then read on an Epson forum that I would need this "Gutenprint 5.2.3." driver, as this is the one that is for the wireless setup. No luck!!
    I called the Apple folks, and they were of no help.
    I wish to hell that I'd never picked up the S/L disc and stuck it in my Imac.
    If anyone has any suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it.
    Dale.

2. direzze macrumors member

Perhaps wait until 10.6.2. I hope there will be a fix for your problem in this update.

3. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Don't get so excited about a printer driver. They'll come-I had to wait a bit
    for the new Canon drivers myself.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You should have called Epson instead of Apple. Apple has nothing to do with Epson printer drivers.

5. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Same problem at work, can't print anymore.

Everyone is quick to say this is not Apple's problem, but that didn't stop anyone here from ripping Vista to shreds. Snow Leopard is Apple's Vista.

6. direzze macrumors member

Well maybe the compatibility will be fixed in the next update of OS X, but otherwise you're right. Epson might have to concoct a new driver ;)

I agree with you, but I'm thinking 10.6.2 will contain some significant fixes *fingers crossed*.

7. akutad macrumors regular

akutad

Kinda silly to say wait for an update. How do you print in the meanwhile?

8. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Use the original disc to downgrade to Leopard – it a much better OS to be using if you're doing work on your mac. Maybe by next year SL won't be so sh!!ty

9. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Get the Leopard drivers off your Leopard disc. Might work. It did for me, but with Brother drivers.

10. Dale124 thread starter macrumors member

I contacted them via email, so hopefully they reply with some sort of advice.
    Earlier this year I had trouble setting up this printer- after installing all the software, I lost my wireless network settings on my Imac. I called Epson because I felt it was their issue that caused it. The idiots at Epson were of no help at all. I then called Apple, and the guy there walked me through getting my computer back to normal. I hope to christ I don't have to talk to another Epson "tech".