Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2003
MA
When the Powerbooks get there next update, (I'm assuming its not a G5 and most likely won't be freescale's offerings yet) if it stays Moto G4 where does this leave the ibooks? How can Apple update the ibook past 1.2GHz if the powerbook sticks near its current speeds and form? They are already very similar and the top ibooks perform similarly to the low end powerbooks(graphics differences aside). I am jst curious what people see as happening between sept and jan as both will be coming up on update times in that frame.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
My guess is that, at the very least, they can bring the PowerBooks up to last year's Wintel books by offering higher-res screens and 7200 RPM drives. That alone will make a huge difference, and would certainly separate the PBs from the iBooks even more.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i totally agree with jsw, plus they need to make the 12" powerbook stand out more from the 12" iBook, FW 800? wonder if there is anyway to get fit a pc card slot? but yeah higher res, speed bumps, faster/bigger hard drives are a start, they should add the lighted keypad to all models too, dvi out port maybe? im kinda fantasizing with this post too =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.