Starting To Worry, Error 1600.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emyholdem, Aug 2, 2011.

1. emyholdem macrumors newbie

So, i decided to become a paid developer last night, and sure enough when i woke up, I had an email waiting for me in my inbox. So i went right ahead to download the iTunes 10.5 beta, and the iOS 5 beta 4 build.

Once completed, i went into Xcode to update into iOS 5, However, it failed. So i went into iTunes, to restore into 4.3.5. But i'm thrown Error 1600, and i can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it.

I have an iPod Touch 4g, and there is no action on the screen, nothing. Just black, won't even go into recovery mode, and ever since the error message i haven't seen any picture.

Would appreciate any help i can get to get my iPod back up and running, as i'm starting to get pretty worried i've screwed up my iPod

Thanks
    Emy

EDIT: I'm using Lion, so I won't be able to use any Windows only solutions.

2. emyholdem thread starter macrumors newbie

Now it's saying. "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. This device isn't edible for the requested build.

:S Help, Please.

3. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I googled "ipod touch error 1600" and it seems that most, if not all, of the people complaining got this error after trying to jailbreak with sn0wbreeze or pwnage.

4. emyholdem thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the thing, My device wasn't jailbroken :S

5. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

try to restore it to the latest version of iOS 4 with blackrain. It will restore it to the old software. It did for my iPhone 3g anyways when I bricked it.

6. emyholdem, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

emyholdem thread starter macrumors newbie