Starting up running...is NRC still worth it

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by meeebee, May 7, 2018.

1. meeebee macrumors member

meeebee

I'm starting up running again. The first thing I tried to do after a short run with Nike Run Club was to view it on the website. Instead of my stats, there was a message that it was pulling out of the fitness tracking business. So unless I'm missing something, I can only view my stats on my phone.
    Are there other sites with similar website features?
    The NRC app seems to be good with guided training plans...is it still worth it to keep the app for that, or should I be looking elsewhere?

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Seems so. I just went to the nike.com website and I can't get access to my run data.

Just another nail in the coffin, IMO.

If I were you, I'd put my data into SmashRun.com . It's free for the basic stuff, and has a lot of cool stuff.

https://smashrun.com/ftaok

I think that link above works. You should be able to see my public profile and look at various runs ... although I haven't run in 3 weeks (back pain, lazyness). Don't judge me ;)

You can just run with the stock app and use another app to transfer the data to SmashRun (RunGap or Healthfit). Alternatively, iSmoothRun can upload run data to SmashRun as well.

ft

3. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Don't have a watch, but use Under Armor's MapMyRun app with the phone. Been happy with it. Not sure if feature sets line-up with Nike's app.

Does have a Watch app.

4. meeebee thread starter macrumors member

meeebee

Checking it out now. It looks pretty nice with all of the metrics.