Starting With Bootcamp Leaves Me At White Screen

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by KoolDAbc, Feb 19, 2010.

1. KoolDAbc macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

I'm new to the forums, yay, but that isn't relevant.

So, I need to run Windows on my Mac for a few crucial reasons. When I open up bootcamp, I have been selecting a 100gb partition for Windows. Then, it asks if I want to boot from my disk so I put my windows disk into my drive and press, "Install." (or whatever the option is.) Then, the infamous white screen comes up, and it just sits there. You would think the drive would make a few sounds considering it should be booting from that disc. So, then I turn my computer off and hold "Option" while the computer starts. Infact, I see Macintosh HD and Windows, so I selected windows. This went back to square one where it just sat at the white screen. So, I figured I would reinstall Mac OSX, which I finished about two hours ago, and the same issue happens which I described above. I called Apple and they want me to pay them $44 (or whatever the guy said) for their support. I figure before I stoop to their level I'll contact you guys! While I wait for a response I'll deck out my profile, teehee! Thanks in advance!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Welcome to the forums and I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work, but a few details are missing!

Which Mac?

Which Windows? (7/Vista/XP/...) (Home/Pro/Ultimate)(32/64 bit) (full retail/upgrade/OEM)?

B

3. KoolDAbc thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply!

This is on my iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, and I am attempting to install Windows Vista, I haven't purchased a licensed version of Windows 7 yet. I hope this helps narrow the issue!

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Not quite.

Which size iMac and what video card?

Which Vista (Home/Business/Ultimate) (32/64 bit) and how did you get it (retail/OEM System Builder).

B