StarTrek becomes reality - iTranslate Voice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bigmacduck, May 11, 2012.

1. Bigmacduck macrumors regular

Voice translation from and to 31 Languages. Wow, I am totally baffled! It is only version 1.0 and it works incredibly well. At the moment it costs only $0.99. I would even be willing to pay $100 or more for this app in future when it evolves to do simultaneous translation - this is the future.

Just think about the possibilities - 3 to 5 years from now with the new handheld gadgets coming. When we look back from 2017 to the iPhone 5 of 2012, then we will smile about the stone age technology we had then.

The future will be bright! Check out iTranslate Voice

2. dasmb macrumors 6502

Far worse than google translate, which is free. You should try it dude!

3. Bigmacduck thread starter macrumors regular

Can't be worse than Google translate because once the voice is converted to text (using Nuance technology), Google translate is used to translate to other language and after that is converted to foreign speech. Google translate is text only. Here to talk in your own language and the phone talks the foreign language.

Anytime in the mid future we will likely see simultaneous translation of mobile phone conversations. I can talk English to my Cinese merchant and he understands Mandarin and can respond in Mandarin, I hear his answer in English.

4. greg555 macrumors 6502a