Startup asks me to select drive to boot into....

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Just today I started up my macbook pro and before the apple logo appears it showed a hard drive icon with an arrow pointing up to it........

I clicked the arrow and it continued to boot as normal......

I have done a little searching and cannot find anything.. but i did realise that the screen looks just like when boot camp starts up..... the only thing is i have never installed boot camp on this laptop EVER!!!!!!!

Has anyone else come across this and if so how did you correct the issue?

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
I have never even downloaded it!!!

I have had the laptop for 10 months now and have never seen anything like this...... any ideas??????

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Nope just the internal drive..... i dont even have an external connected!

Nor have i ever tried to boot from anything but the internal drive?

I would like to add that it doesnt do this every time, i have shut down and then powered on a couple of times since noticing this and it started up normally a couple of times then did what i have been describing again, then booted normally again????

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Okay so this morning i started up fine... no drive icon..... all is well....

Until i looked at the battery charge...... it says 0% even thought when i shut down last night it was at at least 50%!!!!

So i open coconut battery to see what reading it gives me and not only does it say that my battery is empty but it says that the total charge i will get is only 60% of the original charge......!!!!!!

I only got the NEW battery 3 months ago and about 2 days ago the same program (coconut battery) said teh battery's capacity was 99% of original!!!!!!!

Whats goin on!!!!