Startup Disk not showing Win7 Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whyrichard, Jan 4, 2010.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello,

I've finally installed win7 on a secondary internal hd in my mac pro. When starting up and holding down ALT i can indeed select between the two os's. However in mac the "Startup Disks" system pref's doesn't show win7...

i would like to be able to restart from the system pref's instead of holding down alt but i can't if it's not viewable in the Startup Disks Pref Pane...

The restartup using bootcamp procedure takes longer then it should on my machine, a mac pro with two ssd's... sometimes it gets hung up on the grey screen for thirty seconds or so...

how can i get Startup Disks to see my Win7 hd?
    how can i get the greyscreen part of the bootcamp startup process not take so long?

thanks!

r.

2. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Did you install NTFS-3G? It hides all NTFS drives from the Starup Disk preference pane.

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

that is true... why would it hide the startup disk pref pane?

IS there a way to startup into my bootcamp drive automatically from osx?

thanks,

r.

4. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I don't know, maybe it's how NTFS-3G works.

Try this to change the startup disk as your bootcamp drive:
    1. (Re-)boot your Mac.
    2. Hold Option key as if you were going to boot into Windows.
    3. Release the Option key as soon as the hard drives appear. Click the Windows hard drive icon. (Don't click the arrow yet!)
    4. Hold Command, and you will see the up arrowed turned into an anticlockwise open circle arrow. Click it.
    5. Your Mac will boot into Windows, and next time when you boot it will also automatically boot into the drive.

Hope that works.