Startup Issues!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by guiltyox, Mar 16, 2009.

1. guiltyox macrumors newbie

Ok, so I have a Mac Powerbook G4 15". The harddrive recently died in it and so I just grabbed one from work to put in here. I also upgraded to 1gb of ram. This mac is a 1.5ghz pentium M. I have OSX Leopard 10.5.6 but when I put it in the disc drive, it doesnt automatically start up off of it. The computer starts with, "1,072,300,032 bytes of system memory tested OK" then goes to a screen with "Intel Mobile Calistoga CRB Framework Implementation Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel (R) Pentium(R) M CPU BIOS Version: 0.0F, 10/11/05 For Evaluation Purposes Only. It has 6 options to choose from. Continue, Select language, Boot Manager, Device Manager, Boot Maintenance Manager, and View Diagnostic Page. Can anyone help me get my MAC to start up and install OSX? Thank you!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You really have no idea what you have.

It isn't a Pentium if it is a Mac.

It isn't Intel if it is a PowerBook G4.

Put in your Leopard disk, wipe the hard drive, reinstall.

3. guiltyox thread starter macrumors newbie

Yikes!

Yea, I'll admit, I know nothing about macs. I cant get the computer to start up off the disk....how do I do that? I'm a computer technician but all windows based. I'm sitting here yanking my hair out, haha!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have a PowerBook G4 you don't have an Intel Pentium M processor, but the IBM PowerPC G4 (4th generation) processor.

Your OS X install disk is it a retail one or an Update or what kind of disk is it?

If the disk is inside the drive, just hold the C key right after the startup sound/chime and your Mac will startup from the DVD.

5. guiltyox thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a copy a friend let me borrow? I can tell you what I see in the directory, if you'd like. Would that help/let you know which it is?

does it matter which disc I have? Will any of those work? If I have the install disc, what should I do? Is this a screen that you even recognize that comes up?

6. guiltyox thread starter macrumors newbie

macbook Pro HELP!

The harddrive recently died in it and so I just grabbed one from work to put in here. I also upgraded to 1gb of ram. This mac is a 1.5ghz pentium M. I have OSX Leopard 10.5.6 but when I put it in the disc drive, it doesnt automatically start up off of it. The computer starts with, "1,072,300,032 bytes of system memory tested OK" then goes to a screen with "Intel Mobile Calistoga CRB Framework Implementation Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel (R) Pentium(R) M CPU BIOS Version: 0.0F, 10/11/05 For Evaluation Purposes Only. It has 6 options to choose from. Continue, Select language, Boot Manager, Device Manager, Boot Maintenance Manager, and View Diagnostic Page. Can anyone help me get my MAC to start up and install OSX? Thank you!

here are links:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You have to be patient... double posting and bumping will not help :)
    Someone will be along shortly to help with your issue I'm sure

You can start by putting your install disc in and boot holding the option key
    This will allow you to boot from the CD

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. guiltyox thread starter macrumors newbie

My keyboard/touch pad/component thing, is dead except for the power button. Im using a dongle'd usb keyboard to move around with. Whats option on that? Any ideas?

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Should be the Alt key...I'm still trying to figure out how you have Intel info if you're using a PowerBook...:confused:

10. guiltyox thread starter macrumors newbie

Thought it was a macbook pro? Looks like one, but then again, it also looks like a mac powerbook g4. But the battery for the macbook pro would fit it, so i was guessing macbook pro? Look at battery port.

11. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Please restrict yourself to one thread per issue in the correct forum, and please wait for replies rather than bump your own thread pointlessly.

12. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Uh, where did you get this?

It mentions a firmware date of 10/11/05 and "For Evaluation Purposes Only". Neither of which should be said at all.

That, and considering the mysterious stickers on the bottom, it appears that you have a prototype intel MacBook 15".

13. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

It's a MacBook Pro. The PowerBook had a battery under the left wrist rest, and the HDD under the trackpad. The two swapped for the MBP.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Nice prototype Intel PowerBook. ;) I love how ugly the inside of these prototype machines are. Apple would have never released that machine.

Does it use a Magsafe connector, or the old plug-in type with the ring (green/orange lit) around the power connector?