Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alicaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Yesterday I install the office 2008 and update the apple softwares as usual. But then, when I restart as it is required, my Macbook appear with my background desktop pictures. Then for waiting for so long, I opened then battery then put it on again then restart Macbook. All I get the logo of apple and nothing else, I have no idea how to fix this. Please help me!

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
You could try the following (=doing Disk Repair in Single User mode):

- Boot with <COMMAND> <S> pressed, until black screen appears with white letters. You should get a prompt, waiting for you to type something...
- type "fsck -fy" <ENTER> (without the quotes), the Mac will now perform a Disk Check, and Repair if necessary...
- If it says "The Volume Macintosh HD appears to be okay", type "reboot" <ENTER>
- If it says something else (like the volume was modified), then repeat the process...

Good luck.

alicaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
You could try the following (=doing Disk Repair in Single User mode):

- Boot with <COMMAND> <S> pressed, until black screen appears with white letters. You should get a prompt, waiting for you to type something...
- type "fsck -fy" <ENTER> (without the quotes), the Mac will now perform a Disk Check, and Repair if necessary...
- If it says "The Volume Macintosh HD appears to be okay", type "reboot" <ENTER>
- If it says something else (like the volume was modified), then repeat the process...

Good luck.
Thank you for this help but I was still in trouble.
After I pressed COMMAND and S at the same time, the screen turn to black with white screen. First, it said "Looking for Kernel cache fiel bla bla bla..."
Then show some information; However, I can't type anything after that.
So plz show me what I can do or what I should do now cause nothing happen as the rest you told me to do :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.