Startup Sound Gone

Discussion in 'macOS' started by serkan, May 21, 2012.

1. serkan macrumors 6502

serkan

Hey guys ;

I have a problem.One day ı opened my computer and it started without a sound.I checked the speakers but they were not mute.After that ı never ever hear the startup sound.What happened to my computer ? By the way its Early 2011 Macbook Pro Snow Leopard 10.6.8.Any solutions ?

2. theBostonian Suspended

Startup sound gong?

Just kidding!

but as to your problem, i've got the same rig as you and something similar happened to me.

did you perhaps reinstall OS X while your mac was on mute? i did, with my volume really low, and after reinstalling i noticed that my startup sound was very low which was a mixed blessing.

there are apps which let you determine the volume of the startup sound. i'd post some links but i don't want the heavy handed mods to chastise me.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

4. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

I turned mine off. Some may disagree, but I don't find any sound during boot up or shutdown to be pleasant, and the "DAAAAAAAH" sound just doesn't do it for me. If it was a tiny, short, simple little bell ding, I'd keep it on.

5. serkan thread starter macrumors 6502

serkan

6. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Why does everyone hate the chime? :p

The sound has to do with how loud your Mac's volume is set. If you have an issue with the volume, that's why resetting PRAM and NVRAM will fix it... because they control volume level.