Resolved Stash directory - how important?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ah123, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ah123, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

ah123 macrumors regular

So I was showing my friend some of my jailbreak tweaks and screwing around with iFile - for some reason, I swiped across on the Stash directory and before I knew what I'd done, I had pressed the Delete button...

Question 1 - Have I really screwed my phone?
    Question 2 - Is there a way to get my phone back to normal?

Thanks in advance!

Btw - yes - Really n00by of me.

2. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

The stash dir pretty much has all the jailbroken apps (including Cydia) and Winterboard themes, as well as ringtones and wallpapers. I don't think you've screwed up your phone to the point where it won't boot (probably go into safe mode or something) but if it doesn't, a fresh restore will fix any problems.

3. ah123 thread starter macrumors regular

Phew, thanks - I don't want to lose the texts / etc. since I jailbroke - hopefully I can extract those before restoring.

At the moment, though, when I try to reboot it, it is stuck on the Apple logo :-(

Will have to wait until I get home before probably restoring.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Before restoring, try to rerun redsnow (or the greenpois0n app if it is a 4s), you may get the directory back along with Cydia, now i guess is that you will have to re-install the JB app you had. if all fail, then restore/re-jailbreak

5. ah123 thread starter macrumors regular

Good idea. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until later tonight when I get home. I'll let you know how it goes!

6. ah123 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, running greenpoison didn't work - the phone just refused to get past the Apple logo. Had to restore from my backup on Sunday and re-JB and re-download my tweaks. So, apart from the lost data over the past 3 days, all is well in the world of my iPhone again! Thanks for your help :)