State Farm Insurance - Much better than APP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Speedracer04, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

So I just got off the phone with a local State Farm rep and I just got a plan for $30/year with a $0 deductible for full coverage on my iPhone.

Coverage includes:
    - accidental damage (aka I accidently threw it against a wall because I bricked it :p, or dropped in a puddle of water etc...)
    - Lost/Stolen
    - Hardware Malfunction

They are covering it for the full price I paid ($600) and will buy me a new phone.

Anyway, thought I would share this since it seems much better than the APP at least to me.

2. upenox macrumors newbie

3. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

sorry, i forgot to mention that, this is all with a $0 deductible, ill update the OP

4. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Pretty cool. Is that based on your homeowner's/rental insurance, or is it a standalone policy?

5. z28black98 macrumors regular

I just called several local State Farm agents and they told me they couldnt insure it because I only paid 399.99 and not the 599.99. THey only insure things 400 dollars and up. And it was for 60 dollars. Should I try calling several other agents??

6. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

It was a standalone policy, I have my homeowners/auto through allstate, but I didnt want to call them because I dont want them to look at my driving record! lol

7. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Hmmm Im not sure, ask them if they can insure it for the 399 + any amount you paid for a case ($30)? which would put it over 400

I would just call them and tell them you want to ensure your cellphone for $450, and see what they say. I dont know why they would tell you it was $60...maybe its differnt rates for different areas?

Try calling other insurance companies, they all have policies for things like cellphones and Im sure they vary on the amount they will insure...so hunt around.

8. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

lol good to know. I would like to insure my MBP mostly because I take it to school with me every day, and I'd be out of luck if it was stolen.

9. z28black98 macrumors regular

So after I typed my previous statement, I called yet another local state farm agent (11th one) and she finally could help me. For 30 bucks for a yr, I insured my iphone for 500 dollars even with the receipt showing I paid 399.00. Includes 0 deductible, accidental damage, etc. She also said if I needed to add any jewelry or anything to this policy I could since I am only using 11 of the 30 dollar premium to cover the phone. But all that is covered under my renters insurance. None the less, I have never dealt with state farm before, but I will definately consider them when my house is finished being built in Jan.

10. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

I actually also had my iPhone insured last week for $542 which is the amount of the phone plus the sales tax. They charged me $33 for a year and it covers anything and everything with no deductible since I added it to the policy I have for my wifes engagement ring.

11. z28black98 macrumors regular

definately a bargain IMO. For all those people are who are wanting insurance and cant seem to find any, just keep calling diff agents. It will eventually pay off. good luck. If you live in OK, specifically Tulsa let me know. I will give you the info for the agent that I used.

12. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I live in Norman. Do you think the Tulsa agent would do business with me down here?