Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
NTFS-3G seems to work very badly in Maverics.

There isn't anything else for "Fuse for OS X"?

I've used Paragon NTFS which came with Seagate's drive, but now it works only external Seagate's, not with seagate installed some 3rd party enclosure. Paragon

Tuxera wants to sell new license for every computer IF you use them for business. Paragon wants to sell each computer own license anyway.

Is there any differences in reliability or efficiency between Paragon & Tuxera?

Then there is this command line way: http://osxdaily.com/2013/10/02/enable-ntfs-write-support-mac-os-x/
Nobody made any handy GUI (working in 10.9) for using this?

Any other options?

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
NTFS-3G is working fine for me in Mavericks. Did you apply the fuse_wait fix for NTFS-3G?
I didn't, since I understood that fuse_wait will only handling the error message when mounting. I don't mind that. But when I was trying to recover files from messed up hdd, many times writing to ntfs just hung and also when waking up from sleep, it was always hung. Looks like all is well, but no data is transferred.
I also read some horrible experiences with ntfs-3g messed the whole disk it was writing to...

Last edited:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I didn't, since I understood that fuse_wait will only handling the error message when mounting. I don't mind that. But when I was trying to recover files from messed up hdd, many times writing to ntfs just hung and also when waking up from sleep, it was always hung. Looks like all is well, but no data is transferred.
I also read some horrible experiences with ntfs-3g messed the whole disk it was writing to...
You need to find better sources of reading material. I have no issue with NTFS-3G in either Mavericks or Yosemite after I applied the patch. How do you expect NTFS-3G to work without applying the patch?

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
I've now tried NTFS-3G WITH fuse_wait and I still have big problems with Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery 6, when I'm trying to read files from messed up ntfs disk from windows laptop and write them to another ntfs volume.

There might be issues with NTFS-3G when hdd goes to sleep? It is not used for extended periods when it takes several hours for Phoenix to scan the source disk.

Pointers to "better sources of reading material" are also greatly appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.