So, I had been sitting on a chair with a synthetic fabric that caused me to build up a static charge (unbeknownst to me). I then walked over to my MBP (4,1) and touched the case and *zap* I discharged a bit of static electricity. Then I immediately noticed that the green charge status LED on my power adaptor cord was very very dim. So, I unplugged it, replugged it, etc., and it stayed dim. So I let the laptop run down to 95 percent, then plugged it in and next to the battery icon in the status bar up top was: (not charging). My power adaptor is DEAD. From static electricity. That is just NOT right. I did a search both here and on the web and I found examples where peoples' adaptors shocked THEM, but no examples where they shocked (and killed) it. Did I just miss it? Has this happened to others? And the real bummer is that my local Apple store is closed until Monday, and I am working graveyard shifts today, tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday (12PM to 8AM), so I have only 80 percent charge between now and then, which basically renders my laptop useless. I have half a mind to buy two adaptors, but I probably won't. I am not happy about this. And my warrantee was up at the beginning of October, so I doubt Apple will cover the cost of a new adaptor. My MBP seems to be fine but I haven't done a hardware test yet. I can tell you that I will be extremely unhappy if a bit of static electricity did any damage to my MBP. This sucks.