Static in earbuds while walking/running?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rocko1, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

4S. I am having random but frequent pops and clicks coming through my earbuds-3 different kinds-while my iPhone is in my front pocket and I am walking and or running. Happens with a case, without, etc. Doesn't happen if I hold it in my hand and it's not the cable coming out of the socket. Could it be static caused by the movement near cloth?

2. Legios macrumors regular

I have noticed that while in a pocket the stress the headphone jack would sometimes get while in the socket would cause static and 1 or both phones losing sound until the pressure was released. This has happened on all of my iphones so i think it most likely the stress around the jack connection.

3. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I thought this might be it also, but I took the iphone out of my pocket and gave the cord near the jack a good what for, nothing, not static, etc. No matter how I yanked, twisted, etc. I couldn't get any static. Only thing I can think is the static is making it's way to my earbuds from static electricity.