Static/White noise coming from iPhone 6 speaker

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dndandrea, Sep 24, 2014.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Someone sent me a voice message in voxer and it was hard to hear, so I put the speaker up to my ear. Next thing I know is the static noise from the voice message was still present after it was finished. I turned off voxer, and it was still making the noise. Even when the phone is locked and display is off. Turned off the phone, turned it back on. No apps are running. Still making the noise.

I'm not sure if it's the fans, or if it's just repeating some sound file. Either way it doesn't go away. Is anyone else having this problem?

I couldn't care less about the noise, i'm just concerned with the battery as a result from the noise...

2. CupertinoSlave macrumors regular

CupertinoSlave

I get that on my iPhone 5S and 6

3. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

Any idea where it's coming from or what's causing the noise?

4. CupertinoSlave macrumors regular

CupertinoSlave

No idea. Im sure theres a good reason for it though. It never really bothered me since I have no reason to put the speaker too my ear.

5. ResponseDigital macrumors newbie

White Noise like Hiss

I have an iPhone 6 Plus 128g running OS 8.1.2 that has a white noise like hiss coming out of the speaker even when there are no apps running. Its as if the audio amp is running continuously. The only way to get it to stop is by restarting the phone. But once I launch Netflix, start a movie, then pause it I can hear a faint hiss if I put the phone speaker up to my ear. Many times even if I close the Netflix app (and all the apps for that matter) the noise still persists until restarting the phone.

I can only hear it when close to my ear, although my son - who alerted me to this problem can hear it from a distance. Ive often wondered how I loose battery power through the night - I think I found the answer...

Ive yet to call Apple regarding this. Has Apple resolved this for anyone?

6. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I have it too, and have known about it for awhile. For some reason I never thought it was abnormal, or an issue.

7. ResponseDigital macrumors newbie

8. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Yep, I have this too, kind of strange. Only occurs when the phone is unlocked.

9. imagineadam macrumors 65816

Mine does this too. If you haven't caused a sound to happen (keyboard clicks,notification sound) in awhile mine always seems to turn itself off. I think its normal behavior of the speaker.

10. Tjreiger macrumors newbie

11. ClNEMA macrumors newbie

ClNEMA

12. ClNEMA macrumors newbie

ClNEMA

I had to get a new phone yesterday due to software issues and I had this problem on my old iPhone 6 and this iPhone 6 is 1 day old and already doing the exact same thing!!!!

13. slexi07 macrumors newbie

slexi07

Grrr... I've been having this problem for like a week now, it's driving me crazy and it's loud! Have you found a resolution yet?

14. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68030

15. Rmilli1 macrumors newbie

Rmilli1

--- Post Merged, Feb 18, 2017 ---
    That's happening with my phone too! I have no idea what it is I just wanna let you know you are not alone.

16. anonymoususer976 macrumors newbie

I think what you are hearing is coil whine (Look it up). I wouldn't worry about it.