Stats on percent of Demi-God members

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Choctaw, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Choctaw macrumors 6502

Choctaw

I am curious to know the statistics as to what percentage of the MacRumors members contribute with yearly donations to the forum?

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Interesting question ... my totally uneducated guess: less then 3%

Difficult to judge for non-admin/non-mod as some demi might be in stealth mode (if they wish to and to keep the funny CPU-level).

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That isn't something that is tracked. Many members who contribute prefer not to be known as contributors.

Reasonable deductions could be made by counting the known members, but it won't give an accurate representation.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's a very, very small number...significantly less than 0.1%.

Only about 10% of registered members have made at least ten posts in the forums, so the pool of people likely interested in supporting the site with a donation is much smaller than the raw number of registered members.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

How about a raw number of contributors? Over time, even?

6. Choctaw, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014

Choctaw thread starter macrumors 6502

Choctaw

Thank you for the input. I have been a member of many various forums over the years. It is very disappointing belonging to a forum that offers a good information base to it's members but lacks the funds to pay for bandwidth usage and just drys up. Money is an important commodity needed to make forums work. I just hope this one keeps going.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's a few hundred...not really sure how that number has changed over time though.

Fortunately, donations aren't our major revenue source by any stretch. (You can do the math...a few hundred x $25 doesn't go all that far in paying our costs and salaries.)

But while they don't add a ton to the bottom line, donations are very much appreciated, and we hope that some of the benefits such as fewer ads and general support for the community make it worthwhile for our contributors.