Status Bar Freezing under 10.6.1?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gyrferret, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Gyrferret macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Alright. This has happened about three or four times now in which I'll wake my MacBook (unibody) from sleep (ie. open it up), and it'll have a frozen clock at some random time, renders spotlight unable to function, freezes battery status (even says it's plugged in at 100% even though it's sitting in my lap unplugged (has been unplugged since las night).

Even a weird wifi indicator next to the CPU menu Meters. I dunno what's going on. Has happened randomly when I leave it off over night. Just a minor inconvenience since it requires a restart. Just wondering if you guys know what's going on and/or how to fix it.

Attached Files:

2. glenncal macrumors member

Has this happened just once? If so it might be related to the weird DST bug which seems to have happened to everyone, where the menu bar froze around the time the change was supposed to take place. Fortunately, it happens only when the change happens and I'd guess a fix is going to become available before the next occurrence :) .

3. Gyrferret thread starter macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Not the first time. Maybe the third or something close to that. Thank you for the response.

Oh and for anyone else, does the clock go all weird when you switch between Windows 7 (or windows in general) and OS X?

4. jpma macrumors 6502

sometimes mine waking up from sleep the whole menu bar went missing.
    after few second then it came back.