Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 (4.3.1) like a lot of other members using Redsnow. After the jailbreak, I installed MyWi, BiteSMS, Lockinfo and SBSettings. After installing only these apps, I noticed I also started getting notification icons in my status bar (near the time and battery). I like the feature, however whenever I receive a text I get a status notification from the Apple messaging program as well as biteSMS. Is there a way to change the settings on which icons show up?
In looking at my cydia packages the only apps I can see that could possibly be installed for status bar notification are IntelliStatusBarIcons and libstatusbar. If I don't want the status bar notifications anymore, can I just delete those packages?

Thanks.

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 (4.3.1) like a lot of other members using Redsnow. After the jailbreak, I installed MyWi, BiteSMS, Lockinfo and SBSettings. After installing only these apps, I noticed I also started getting notification icons in my status bar (near the time and battery). I like the feature, however whenever I receive a text I get a status notification from the Apple messaging program as well as biteSMS. Is there a way to change the settings on which icons show up?
In looking at my cydia packages the only apps I can see that could possibly be installed for status bar notification are IntelliStatusBarIcons and libstatusbar. If I don't want the status bar notifications anymore, can I just delete those packages?

Thanks.

You're getting two because biteSMS and Lockinfo both provide icons. You can turn one of them off and then only get one icon. If you don't want any at all, open lockinfo>plugins and turn each one off. Also, go into biteSMS settings>lock screen mode>features> turn quicklist and quicklist count off. this will get rid of all icons

Just turn off the one in biteSMS to only get one SMS icon from lockinfo, or turn off lockinfo's SMS icon to keep the biteSMS icon with the number of texts inside the bubble.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Thank you very much!! I figured there was a simply fix for it.

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.