Status Bar Notifications Icons? Any Available

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I'm looking for a way to remove the push notification balloons and have icons that show up on the status bar.

I don't know what SMS, mail, facebook, twitter apps offer this awesome feature. I want to use this combined with info shade from lockinfo.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

steeez

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Status Notifier for the notifications.

Then I hid my bubbles by installing iBlacklist

Comment

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Status Notifier for the notifications.

Then I hid my bubbles by installing iBlacklist
I found status notifier fix and status notifier icons.

But i can't find just status notifier on cydia

Comment

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
Jersey Shore
Notifier works but u need to enable developer settings in cydia (under manage then top left) and install "libstatusbar" along w notifier. I'll will fix notifier. Lock screen notification icons on the lock screen itself still don't work. But you'll see the status bar alerts.

As for blocking the actual pop ups... Hands down David Ashmans Popup Blocker is bar none the best out there. I think it's $2.99 and worth every penny. It's very stable, doesn't hog memory and works like a charm.

Comment

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
I'm looking for a way to remove the push notification balloons and have icons that show up on the status bar.

I don't know what SMS, mail, facebook, twitter apps offer this awesome feature. I want to use this combined with info shade from lockinfo.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
I think LockInfo already has a setting where it blocks popups! That's how I use it. I wish it had icons on status bar feature too.

As you mentioned InfoShade with status bar icons will be cool!

Comment

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
OMG it worked. Amazing!!! I haven't tried the popup blocker yet but having these choices already for just the mail, missed called and sms. Is really nice.

I technically don't need bitesms. (all i really wanted biteSMS was for the notification icon).

Thank you so much!!!! This was half the reason i wanted an android phone. Iphone jailbreak RULEZZZZZZZZ

Comment

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
on iOS4 use status notifier fix. that package installs everything you need to get status bar icons working again for iOS4...working well on my iPhone 4

Didn't work for me, and installed Winterboard which I really don't like. Any alternatives? I just want a silent icon when my phone is on silent..

Comment

Press22

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas
I tried replacing the icons with high res ones and they didn't take even with a respring.
I think the app needs to be updated to support that. Same thing with winterboard, any themes that have high-res icons won't work because winterboard doesn't know what to do to it.

Comment

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
I think the app needs to be updated to support that. Same thing with winterboard, any themes that have high-res icons won't work because winterboard doesn't know what to do to it.
Not true, winterboard just takes a **** ton more work now to work.

Comment

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Downloaded this and the IntelliStatusBarIcons, but cant get the icons to come up on the status bar. Did a respring too.

Comment

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

dieburnbot said:
I tried replacing the icons with high res ones and they didn't take even with a respring.
Where did you get these high res ones?
I made my own.

Comment

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
The Silent icon is just by luck. People have said it shows up when they already have silent on prior to installation, but sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesnt. Mines doesnt show up at all, and my mail icon disappears in some apps.

Comment

nineohtoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
I've had the silent stay on after I already switched it back off. I'm taking it off until it gets fixed and gets higher res icons.

Comment