Status Bar: Only 'iPhone' instead of Bars & Carrier

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by criticalmind, Jun 8, 2015.

1. criticalmind macrumors newbie

I just updated my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 to iOS 9. Everything is just fine for now except for one thing: My iPhone 5 just refuses to show me any signal strength, carrier name or on which radio I am on (LTE, 3G, E). I am on T-Mobile Germany and mobile internet works, I can make and receive calls.

The even more strange part: My iPad 3, which is on o2 Germany, does show all these information.

Luckily I am not dependent on this iPhone since I still have my daily driver, the iPhone 6 on 8.1.2, but nevertheless I would still want to know what could be the reason and if it's a bug or a feature.

Edit: FYI: I made a fresh install and restored it. Also, I rebooted it several times and also swaped SIM cards but still no avail ...

2. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

bug either apple or the carrier. iphone 6 with rogers is displaying as it always has, rogers carrier version is at 20.5.2

3. criticalmind thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably the carrier I guess ... But I do also have the carrier version (Telekom.de 20.5.2)

4. DrBlueBox macrumors 6502

DrBlueBox

5. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

seems like a bug, others are having the same issue hence the other threads popping up

6. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Man, you had me thinking we could now high the carrier name. :/

7. Merkie macrumors 68020

Yeah, same for me. It doesn't make sense that Apple wants to show me the name of my carrier (which I've had for years so I know it by now) every single second I use my iPhone. What's the point in that? Put it on the lockscreen, sure, whatever man, but I don't want to see it beyond that.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

When you roam, it shows the carrier you are roaming on.
    That detail can be important depending in what service plan features you have.

9. Jmausmuc macrumors 6502

Jmausmuc

Would be so cool to just be able to hide it and only show signal strength and network status...

10. criticalmind thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I shut the iPhone 5 down and a few hours later, I booted it up (took ages, way longer than on 8.4) and voilá, the carrier name was there.

11. FNH15 macrumors member

12. kissmo macrumors 6502a

someone suggested I enable 3g and restart and it worked.