Status bar overlay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Feb 13, 2015.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

My iPhone 5S on iOS 8.1.2 has some weird status bar overlay glitch. If I look at a screenshot of another iPhone picture my status bar overlays the pictures in Camera roll.

Anyone else? Any fixes?

2. I7guy macrumors G5

I haven't seen that on my 5s. Maybe update 8.1.3.

3. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That seems quite odd. Either some weird glitch of some sort, or perhaps related to some zoom/sizing that's in play.

5. meistervu macrumors 65816

Have you tried restarting it?

I remember in my early day of app development, one of my apps did this because it partially crashed.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Are you jailbroken? Hard to tell if it's a different font or just bolder.

7. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Yes I am but this is doing this before i JB last night too.

I can conclude the JB is not responsible. Not using any different fonts or anything.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

But seems like some sort of zoom and/or size changes are involved (compared to just stock settings essentially), right?

9. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I have seen a glitch like this on my 6 Plus, but I think it was with different icons overlaying weird on top of each other.

You can see what I'm talking about in the signal strength indicator of the secondary screenshot on the homepage of the Erodr app. Kinda funny that glitch has been on their site for months and I'm one of the only people to notice it. I'm your typical pixel-perfect designer, however. Link: http://www.erodr.com/v3/index.html

10. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Yup, sometimes it doesn't happen.

Heres a good way to test it out. Take a snapshot of your home screen or in an app. Then look at the picture in your camera roll a few mins later

11. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I get that even without looking at images. Sometimes the status bar overlays my address bar in Safari. Running 8.1.3 and it has occurred in every version since iOS 8 came out (iPhone 6+). Usually if I rotate to landscape, then go back to portrait it corrects itself, but that never happened with iOS 7.

12. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Thank you, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Glad someone else has this issue. Doing the landscape thing did temp fix it.