Status "Not Yet Shipped" as of 6/24

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeffreyk, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jeffreyk macrumors regular

jeffreyk

I placed my iPhone order with Apple on 6/15 at 507pm and my order status is still "Not Yet Shipped" as of 6/24 at 725am MST. I called Apple and they confirmed shipment will indeed take place today. My order status at apple.com also says delivery today. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this normal? Am I even going to get this phone delivered today? Oy.

2. Gisz88 macrumors newbie

Same situation here, same response from Apple. Have you been charged for yours? I think it is highly unlikely we receive anything today.

3. inthecup macrumors regular

Apple just updated my status from Not Yet Shipped to Prepared To Ship, 1st update since 6/15. Maybe it will deliver today like they promised on Tuesday. Tick Tick Tick:eek:

4. inthecup macrumors regular

Well that lasted 15 minutes, back to not yet shipped.

5. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

I'll check to see if I was charged when I get home. My wife is keeping a vigilant watch on the front door while I'm away in the odd case it arrives. In all my time ordering from Apple, this is the first time something like this has occurred. I've pretty much switched everything to Apple (MacPro Desktop, iPad, iPhone, MacBook Pro, Airport Extreme, and even getting an AppleTV). Anyone have any ideas about why Apple seemed to drop the ball on this, especially with what was once a flawless notification and delivery routine. The wait is worth it IMHO - if there is a delay - as Apple really makes the best product in it's industry but it surprises me a bit on this product launch. Oh well, maybe we'll all be happy by day's end and we'll be playing with our brand new toy!

6. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

7. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

Nope, not a white iPhone. :) My wife, always the optimist, believes the phones are on their way today -as promised- and that the Apple computer system is just not being updated like it should. I hope she's right.

8. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

1:10 p.m. and still no change in order status. Not looking good my friends for iPhone delivery today.

9. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

Looks like it was AT&T's fault not Apple's fault. My wife went into her AT&T account and re-verified exactly everything I entered when originally purchasing the iPhone 4 on 6/15 and it was now just accepted on AT&T's website. Just awaiting verification from Apple. Here's the email I got from Apple at about 4:45 p.m. today:

"Dear Apple Store Customer,

When preparing your iPhone for shipment, we encountered an issue completing the AT&T account set up and have placed your order on hold. This could be for a number of reasons:

- You may have already purchased a phone or placed multiple orders for the same phone number.

- Your order may be on hold due to an issue with your AT&T account.

You can confirm your current AT&T eligibility status by entering your existing AT&T account information. Please contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 or visit www.att.com/wireless to resolve your issue.

Once your issue is resolved, you should expect to receive a Shipment Notification email within 24 hours.

We'll continue to retry shipping your order for up to seven days. After seven days, your order will be canceled.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

For the most up-to-date information on your order, please visit Apple Order Status.

Sincerely,
    The Apple Store Team"

10. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

My current status is "Not Yet Shipped" on the Order Status Header but at the bottom of my status, it now reads:

"Ships: 1-5 Business days
    Delivers: Jun 29 - Jul 8"

Very frustrating, but it'll get here one day I suppose.

11. thelu macrumors newbie

I'm in the same situation. I pre-ordered on 6/15 (2am!) and it's been "Not yet shipped" until yesterday 6/24, when I received the exact same email (around 215pm PST).

I spent 2 hours on the phone with ATT and Apple (they kept transferring me back and forth) - it seems no one on either side knows what's going on or knew how to fix it. Today the same "Ships: 1-5 days, Delivers: Jun 29 - Jul 8" message showed up on my order. I'm not sure if it's because my call actually did something or if the system realized that 6/24 is past and automatically calculates an approximate ship/deliver date assuming everything was okay.

I'm probably going to wait until tomorrow to see if the status changes and if not I'll consider calling them again (depending on if I want to subject myself to two hours of customer support pain).

12. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

Well, at least I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm sorry you're going thru this as well. It's extremely frustrating isn't it?

At least you got an email; I just checked my status at apple.com/orderstatus and it showed the change in delivery date. I've yet to receive any communication via email that things are indeed 100% okay. Without this type of confirming correspondence -- especially a tracking number when I get to that point -- my confidence is swaying that I will get delivery (as stated earlier today).

The only email I've ever received after placing my order on 6/15 was yesterday (6/24 at 5PM) when Apple notified me that my shipment had been placed "on hold" due to their not being able to confirm my iPhone was valid upgrade with AT and T. That's when they said (in the email) to go to AT&T's website and make the corrections to verify I am indeed able to get an upgraded iPhone. The same info I filled in upon placing my iPhone 4 order on 6/15. Once the corrections were completed, they stated on their website, I'll get an update/confirmation email within 24 hours.

Well, I'm unfortunately still waiting for that and it's now been just over 24 hours.

The only thing my wife or I have done is go to her AT&T account and verify cell number, billing zip, and one more thing that I cannot remember. After doing this, the message on the AT&T site stated that within 24 hours I'll get a confirmation email explaining the change in order status. I'm still waiting on that email, but did notice, like I said, the change in status.

What a mess. I've spent so many hours (like you did) on 6/15 entering and re-entering ordering info ad nauseum to make sure I'd (and now, we'd) get my (our) iPhones on 6/24. Not to mention all the time on the phone, checking and re-checking our email to make sure our orders would eventually go thru, as well as waiting for delivery all day on 6/24 that never came as promised by the Apple phone person; that it's quite the maddening experience.

Very crazy, indeed.

Keep me posted here on how you're faring on your end. Hopefully we'll get this taken care of soon. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Jeff

P.S. I guess I jinxed myself by placing my iPhone 4 in my signature a few days before the 24th as an owned Apple product.

13. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

6/26 UPDATE: I finally received my confirmation all is well with my AT&T upgrade status so the phone is now ready to be sent my way. No tracking number yet for shipment but it looks like it'll finally happen. Here's the confirmation email from Apple:

"We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store. Following is an update regarding the status of your order. We now have all the required information to complete processing of your order:

IPHONE 4 BLACK 32GB-USA
    Ships by 1-5 Business days
    Delivers by Jun 29 - Jul 8"

14. wake6830 macrumors regular

I am in the same boat, very frustrating to say the least. The problem order is for my wife's phone, which is the 2nd of two lines on our family plan. My order on the first line went through without a hitch and I received my phone on the 23rd.

It's especially annoying, because I called Apple about it on the 22nd and the 23rd and both times they assured me that the phone was definitely going to arrive on the 24th. Because of this, I didn't go try to wait in line at a physical store.

After it didn't arrive on the 24th, I called Apple again and spoke to the guy and he said they were still waiting on AT&T's approval for something (he couldn't say what) and that's why the phone hadn't shipped yet. He said there was nothing I could do, or that Apple could do. After some cajoling, I was able to get two free bumper cases.

Yesterday, I received an email saying the phone was now expected to be delivered anywhere between the 29th and the 8th. It still says "prepared for shipment" on the order status page.

Very very frustrating, especially since I know people who are in the 2nd wave have phones that have now shipped and will be delivered on the 29th.

15. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

My status has been "Not Yet Shipped" since 6/15 so I'd welcome the "Prepared for Shipment" status about now. At least I got a confirmation this time around stating AT&T has verified my upgrade. I'm hoping my status updates soon or else I'll start to get paranoid again. Maybe I should wait for the iPhone 5? Can I place an order for that yet?

16. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

I actually just checked my status again and it has been changed to...drumroll please..."Prepared for Shipment." YAY!

I don't really blame Apple at all for this mess and my blame, like many, many others, goes to AT&T. I just wish Apple would open up the iPhone to other carriers to get some competition going in the marketplace. If multiple carriers were available, I would hope to think AT&T would try to up their game to be competitive. But, with this exclusivity agreement, AT&T is the only game in town and unfortunately, they can do whatever they want to because there's no other place to go for the iPhone.

I'm just happy to have some positive progress on this order for the first time in 11 days.

The funny thing is, AT&T is the only carrier that I get reception at my house with. Friends with Sprint and Verizon, and I even believe T-Mobile, once, find my location to be a black hole for their cell signals; but, AT&T gives me 4-5 bars consistently. So, even if Apple switches to other carriers sometime in the future, I'll be sticking with AT&T.

It's a love/hate relationship at times. :rolleyes:

17. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

6/28 Update: Rec'd my shipment notification this morning. Should deliver in a few days. Yay!

18. Yoshiro macrumors newbie

We had that exclusivity thing over here. when the iphone first came out it was only o2 we could get it on, but last year that ended and now all the networks carry em!

Although never bothered me, i had a jailbroken and unlocked iphone and had it on Orange who were quite happy to support it even before they were doing them!

19. hadleydb macrumors 6502

hadleydb

I got the dreaded email below yesterday. I received my June 24th order just fine, but it was supposed to be my wife's line and was mine. The second order to ship on July 2nd is my line too for some messed up reason. So now AT&T won't verify eligibility because they are both my line. I have been on the phone for what seems like decades with both AT&T and Apple and haven't been able to change the number to my wife's number for the second order. You would think someone could have resolved this by now. I don't know what to do at this point where both phones were on the same line.

Dear Apple Store Customer,

When preparing your iPhone for shipment, we encountered an issue completing the AT&T account set up and have placed your order on hold. This could be for a number of reasons:

- You may have already purchased a phone or placed multiple orders for the same phone number.

- Your order may be on hold due to an issue with your AT&T account.

You can confirm your current AT&T eligibility status by entering your existing AT&T account information here. Please contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 or visit www.att.com/wireless to resolve your issue.

Once your issue is resolved, you should expect to receive a Shipment Notification email within 24 hours.

We'll continue to retry shipping your order for up to seven days. After seven days, your order will be canceled.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

For the most up-to-date information on your order, please visit Apple Order Status.

Sincerely,
    The Apple Store Team

20. Yoshiro macrumors newbie

21. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

Delivery was scheduled for 1030am Denver, CO, USA time this morning and I just got a delivery exception that estimated delivery time is now 4pm today. One last hurdle, I suppose. Hopefully FedEx will run ahead of schedule today! Oh well, the delay just gives me an excuse to have some "quality time" with my iPad in the interim. :cool:

22. hadleydb macrumors 6502

hadleydb

Mine actually went to prepared for shipment a few days ago, but hasn't shipped. I guess my calling might have done something. I wonder if it will ship today or tomorrow like it's supposed to. :confused:

23. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

I really hope it ships for you soon. Actually, I went into the Apple Store to look for some iPhone 4 accessories a couple of days ago. I wasn't going to play with the iPhone 4 because I wanted to play with mine when it arrived in a couple of days -- you know, for the ultimate freshness of the first time with a brand new gizmo (silly, I know) -- but the gravitational force and event horizon of the iPhone 4 was inescapable as it pulled me in and I checked it out. This "toy" should be lots of fun when we finally get 'em!

24. hadleydb macrumors 6502

hadleydb

I'm happy you will receive your phone today! I'm sure mine will ship in the next 24 hours. Anyone else in this thread having any luck?

25. hadleydb macrumors 6502

hadleydb

Just checked my status again. It went back to "Not Yet Shipped." There must be a problem still. UGH this is frustrating. :mad: