Status Notifier Issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jthomp, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jthomp macrumors regular

My iphone crashed today, and I had to do a recovery/restore and all that. As I re-Jailbroke it using blackra1n, which I did a week or so ago, I installed Cydia and was reinstalling all my apps. For whatever reason, status notifier, which was working as of earlier this morning, will not work correctly. It installs, but when I click the icon, it crashes. I deleted it and then I installed it via terminal which installed it, but now I have no settings option. Nothing on the springboard, or under the iphone settings. The mail/vibrate icon shows up, but I can't tweak any settings. Any idea on what I can do to get the settings option back again? Thankx!

EDIT: Also, where in the world do I find Quick Reply SMS app? I thought it was under sinfuliphone, but for whatever reason, that repo is not working...

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you install the newest version of Status Notifier ? The original developer dropped it and someone modified it to work with 3.0 and above

version 0.2.11-1 (Only on Sinfuliphone repo as far as I know)

3. jthomp thread starter macrumors regular

I installed 0.2.11-1 that's all I could find. I must have gotten the 3.0 compatible version from one of the many missing repos I am trying to add back. Any idea where I can get the newest version? If it's on sinfuliphones repo, that repo must be down. Can't access it unlessthe address changed...

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

version 0.2.11-1 is the newest version.

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm having the same problems after having to restore and re-JB the other day. I can't adjust any settings because the app crashes without launching and I think that, for some reason, my new mail notifier isn't set to display. Not an enormous deal, but terribly annoying for someone as anal as I am.

6. philstone macrumors 6502

Anyone know how to get the reminders working on this version? Everything else works fine except the reminders....

7. iphonejeff macrumors newbie

notifier and iphone 3.1.2

I am getting the same results after upgrading to 3.1.2 on a JB phone. notifier just returns to the sprint board after you start it.

anybody have a solution to resolve this? it sounds like it works for some people ,but not all?

8. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

9. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

10. shahalum macrumors newbie

what is the purpose of statusnotifier? is it to alert you (via sound or vibration) of a missed call, sms, email etc, cos i could never get this to work.

or is just to display the missed call, sms, email etc icons in the status bar?

i too had probs running it after installing it but it appeared to open and then shut (faster then u could blink).

after multiple reinstallations, it just seemed to run, weird.

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

:apple: