Status of freezing. Safe to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vbman213, Jun 28, 2010.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

2. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

to each his own, but for me, I am still waiting.

Yes, I really want a new MBP, but having been burned by Apple's quality one too many times, I know it is better to be patient and wait for the issues to be fixed.

just my 2 cents...

3. sadcamper macrumors regular

Knock on wood...I've had my 17" i7 for a few weeks now, and not one freezing incident. Not to say that it couldn't or won't happen in the future, but thus far I've either been extremely lucky or had nothing to worry about in the first place.

I realize that probably doesn't help all that much, but you have 2 weeks to return the product before the warranty-only issue comes into play...I say go for it and see what happens.

4. johnalan macrumors regular

I've had my core i5 2.4 ghz with high res screen and upgrade hd 7200 500gb shipped from apple direct,

Absolutely NO problems, never once had the machine beachball or anything like that, must of been a bad batch, which I am thankful I got a good one,

I don't think that apple are shipping macbook pros with issues anymore,

for what it's worth I live in Ireland and bought off Apple's irish website (i don't know if these issues are all in the US or not)

Thanks,
    John

5. Inside_line macrumors regular

They ALL come from shanghai... Mine's getting delivered this week. I don't think 50 pages is worth worrying about. There are always issues.... would you rather be in the geforce 8600gt camp? The percentage of complaints is likely insignificant.

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I had two freezes since getting it in April. Both were when coming out of full-screen Flash. Since i've upgraded to 10.6.4 and the latest Flash 10.1, I haven't had an issue. It also probably helps that I installed the YouTube5 extension for Safari 5 which loads every youtube video in html5 instead of Flash.

I wouldn't wait.