Status of MBP w/SSD and Bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darkus, Jul 21, 2010.

1. darkus macrumors regular

I remember about a year ago that people were discovering you couldnt use Bootcamp/Windows7 with a Macbook Pro that was eqipped with the OEM SSD drives.

I was wondering if in the interim Apple has done something to correct the situation or if I should stick with the 5400 drive.

Im planning on buying a 13" MBP tommorow.

Thanks for the help!!

2. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

Odd. I'm running Windows in VMWare Fusion on a 13" MBP w/ an Apple SSD with no problem, but confess I haven't tried Bootcamp. I used Bootcamp on other machines in the past, but Fusion works much better for me. Still, I don't understand why it would be a problem.

3. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

I have MacBook Pro i5 and a Samsung SSD which I bought a while back (although I believe Apple uses the same Samsung SSD) and I have had 0 problems whatsoever. I have OSX + Win7 (BootCamp).

4. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

I have

I have an apple OEM SSD im typing in bootcamp windows 7 right now i've run Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 no problems what so ever just smooth:cool:

5. Inside_line macrumors regular

Works fine. Also accessible through vmware and parallels now.

6. religionisalie macrumors newbie

Just returned my 15" Core i7 MBP 5400rpm HDD for the 15" Core i7 MBP /w 128gb apple stock SSD. Couldn't resist the testing out the performance of an SSD =P Anywho here are my experiences so far with the stock Apple SSD and Bootcamp.

Bootcamp always booted up Windows fine with the 5400rpm HDD but with the 128gb SSD it's a gamble. I'll be able to boot windows up properly with bootcamp 50% of the time, the rest of the time it'll boot up to a black screen. I just hard reset the computer and try booting up Windows again until it finally boots up, which is usually a few tries (4-5 times). Unfortunately I've yet to find a fix =/ (if there even is one)