Statusbar cleaner??

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Clean statusbar??? I can't remember the actual name in Cydia, used it work per 5.0. But doesn't seem to do anything know. Is there another tweak that will allow you to clean or remove icons from your status bar. And I though the stock in jailbroken iPhone would allow you the mute/sound icon in the statusbar. But I can't seem to find it. I just would like to have it there to remind me that the iPhone is muted or not.
Thanks

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
He wants to hide StatusBar icons correct? Sprintomize 2 has this feature.
Yes, you can IF you do not utilize sbsettings or some themes. Springtomize 2 will not alter the status bar if a person has these other tweaks.

Whereas cleanstatus allows you to make changes on the fly (without respringing every time you make a change) and you can alter the colors and background of many of the icons, time and names. And cleanstatus works regardless of sbsettings or themes. (at least all the themes I have tried).

Last edited:

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Yes, you can IF you do not utilize sbsettings or some themes. Springtomize 2 will not alter the status bar if a person has these other tweaks.

Whereas cleanstatus allows you to make changes on the fly (without respringing every time you make a change) and you can alter the colors and background of many of the icons, time and names. And cleanstatus works regardless of sbsettings or themes. (at least all the themes I have tried).
I didn't know Sprintomize didn't work well with themes or sbsettings. I have all 3 with no issues I've seen. I wonder if it's because I installed Sprintomize first, then installed winter board and started using themes, and I just installed sbsettings a couple days ago. I haven't changed my StatusBar settings in Sprintomize since, I wonder now if I try to change something if I will run into issues. Thanks for the info on this, I hadn't heard that before.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I didn't know Sprintomize didn't work well with themes or sbsettings. I have all 3 with no issues I've seen. I wonder if it's because I installed Sprintomize first, then installed winter board and started using themes, and I just installed sbsettings a couple days ago. I haven't changed my StatusBar settings in Sprintomize since, I wonder now if I try to change something if I will run into issues. Thanks for the info on this, I hadn't heard that before.
Possibly? First thing I load up after I jb is sbsettings. All I know is I have attempted to alter status bar icons with springtomize and nothing happens. And themes can def override Springtomize as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.