iPhone Staus bar

lonman06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Hi guys. I jailbroke my phone this morning. And I have noticed that there is a big with the status bar in the default apple apps. After looking online I saw that there is a statusbarfix2 in cydia that fixes some of the problems but is not advised to install. Is there any other way to fix this problem or is everyone just waiting in an official fix?

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
You can install StatusBarFix2 from http://repo.pnre.co.vu to solve the problem.
Diagonal reading may save time sometimes, but not in this case, as made you waste time posting something the OP already knows.

Hi guys. I jailbroke my phone this morning. And I have noticed that there is a big with the status bar in the default apple apps. After looking online I saw that there is a statusbarfix2 in cydia that fixes some of the problems but is not advised to install. Is there any other way to fix this problem or is everyone just waiting in an official fix?

Comment

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
I believe the concerns were initially over an older version that "permanently" modified some plist files (permanent as in the modification remained even if the "tweak" was uninstalled from cydia).

The newer version is "safe" in that it is a mobile substrate tweak that goes away completely if it gets uninstalled. In a redit thread, saurik mentioned that he is "against" the tweak only because the fact that some people have it on their devices makes it more complicated to develop an "official" fix, but that there is nothing unsafe about this current one.

Somebody please jump in if I got any of that wrong

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.