iPhone Staus bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lonman06, Jan 11, 2014.

1. lonman06 macrumors regular

Hi guys. I jailbroke my phone this morning. And I have noticed that there is a big with the status bar in the default apple apps. After looking online I saw that there is a statusbarfix2 in cydia that fixes some of the problems but is not advised to install. Is there any other way to fix this problem or is everyone just waiting in an official fix?

2. gSOLO macrumors member

gSOLO

I'm waiting for an official fix, but it's kinda annoying that its taking so long.

3. MikeyMike01 macrumors 6502

4. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Diagonal reading may save time sometimes, but not in this case, as made you waste time posting something the OP already knows.

5. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

I knew there were some concerns but i installed it and it's working just great

6. alkalifly macrumors regular

alkalifly

I believe the concerns were initially over an older version that "permanently" modified some plist files (permanent as in the modification remained even if the "tweak" was uninstalled from cydia).

The newer version is "safe" in that it is a mobile substrate tweak that goes away completely if it gets uninstalled. In a redit thread, saurik mentioned that he is "against" the tweak only because the fact that some people have it on their devices makes it more complicated to develop an "official" fix, but that there is nothing unsafe about this current one.

Somebody please jump in if I got any of that wrong

7. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

I would like to see an official fix for this too. Not sure if I want to try the unofficial one?

8. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

Well I gave in and installed it. Works great!