iPhone stay 6.1.4 ? or move on 7.0.1 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jigsb007, Oct 1, 2013.

  1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2010
    #1
    hi guys,
    i have iPhone5 on 6.1.4 hoping that sometime JB will come and i will JB my phone.
    now since apple has released ios 7, 7.0.1 and i guess they are working on 7.0.2 and may be next month 7.1

    where do u stand ? should i keep 6.1.4? or now IF there will a JB then it will b on 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 ?
    may be we get JB for 7.0.2, when apple release 7.1.
    my only concern, if we dont get JB soon on 6.1.4, and if apple release 7.1 soon,
    and if there is a JB for 7.0.2, then would i be able to go 7.0.2 ? or bcoz apple has released 7.1, i can only update to 7.1 and then wait again for JB for 7.1 ?

    please guide...thanks:confused::confused::confused:
     
  2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    #2
    I would upgrade. If I were to bet, I would think they would be putting more effort in to jailbreaking iOS 7 than iOS6.
     
  3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

    BumpyFlatline

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2012
    #3
    Not adding much but FYI, my device is currently on 7.0.2. Is that firmware only for the 5s? Otherwise 7.0.2 is the latest firmware.

    Plus musclenerd tweeted that it's safe to install 7.0.2 since it does not close any exploits. This is generally directed to people already on iOS 7. Since you're on 6.1.4 ill leave that decision up to you.
     
  4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #4
    The iOS 7 JB might be months away, the iOS 6.1.3/4 JB from @winocm is probably going to be released earlier.

    The 7.02 did not break the JB the evad3rs are working on so no use in going to 7.x

    Anyway the advise is always to stay as low as possible, so better to stay on 6.1.4.
     
  5. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2010
    #5
    Say apple release ios 7.1 ( and if i stay on 6.1.4) , now within a week of this release there is a JB available for 7.0.2, in this case would i be able to jump pn 7.0.2 ? or i missed the train, now i will have to upgrade to 7.1 ONLY and wait again for 7.1 JB ?
    i really dont wanna stuck at 6.1.4 and wait ...wait and finally i cant go to 7.0.2 or 7.0.3 once 7.1 comes out..
     
  6. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

    Steve-Jobs

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2010
    #6
    I'm on 6.1.2 and will stay there until the next JB. It's always better to stay low.
     
  7. jigsb007, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

    jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2010
    #7
    well, in your case you r staying at 6.1.2 bcoz u have Jb.
    in my case i want to get JB, and so i am looking for the best possible option for my case...
    Thanks though..for your time

    Or what if i save my Shsh for 6.1.4 ? or i cant ? since its not jailbroken !
     
  8. darricksailo macrumors 601

    darricksailo

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2012
    #8
    You can't save iOS 6 SHSH blobs anymore. And even if have the blobs, you can't downgrade anyways
     
  9. TriJetHero, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

    TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #9
  10. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

    Steve-Jobs

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2010
    #10
  11. Jynto macrumors 6502

    Jynto

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2012
    Location:
    Nottingham, UK
    #11
    Winocm, the little developer who could.

    I think he can. I think he can jailbreak iOS 6.1.3/4.
     
  12. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #12
    Actually ih8sn0w is now further developing it.
     

Share This Page