Stay or Go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by getatkyill, Sep 8, 2009.

1. getatkyill macrumors regular

You've heard it plenty before but in my case, I need help big time in this situation so much advice/help is appreciated :)

Anyways, I have service with both T-Mobile & AT&T..currently been using the G1 (T-Mobile) and regular flip phone (AT&T). I could easily just buy a iPhone and throw my AT&T SIM in or jailbreak/unlock an iPhone and instead of the G1, I'd obviously go with the iPhone 3G or 3Gs.

So the big decision is, do I stay with T-Mobile with much better plans/prices and lose my 3G speeds or go with AT&T with worse plans & prices but with being able to run 3G at amazing speeds??

From most users that are running there iPhone 3G or 3Gs with T-Mobile..I'd really like to know if your EDGE is plenty fast and not a huge difference from the AT&T 3G? I enjoy being able to surf safari in seconds, just stuck between two carriers.

Thank you all in advance!

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Go with AT&T. I have been very pleased with my defection from Verizon. :)

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Well, if you go there will be trouble, but if you stay it will be double.

Interesting predicament.

4. dread macrumors 6502a

3g is a lot faster than edge and definately worth the switch. Plus t-mobile coverage is worse than at&t.

5. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

So let's say you get the lowest talk plan on AT&T, which is 450 minutes. Add unlimited texting to that and the iPhone data plan. So you're at $90+ taxes. How much will you pay if you stay with T-Mobile?

6. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

Well coverage isn't an issue because I constantly have full bars with T-Mobile & AT&T on both EDGE and 3G.

Major thing holding me back is the pricing and not having 3G on a phone that offers it..still open to more advice/opinions please.

With T-Mobile I would end up paying between $60-$70 with taxes but with way more minutes for calling.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This indecision's bugging me. If you don't want me, set me free!

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

You know, OP, If you say that you are mine, Ill be here til the end of time.

9. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

Sounds like about $30+. Do YOU think having 3G is worth $30+/month? You have to make that call.

10. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

Indeed but question for T-Mobile users..are you satisfied with the speeds of internet and apps with only EDGE?