Stay tuned. Confirmed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Was that email confirmed?

It had to have meant something. Are any of his emails actually legit?

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

3. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

i can confirm that i have not confirmed that confirmation.

4. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

i cannot confirm that you confirmed that you have not confirmed that confirmation :(

5. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

ugh here we go. I can confirm that you guys aren't funny. j/k

Seriously though, I'm convinced there is something behind this if it is legit or else he wouldn't have said it.

6. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Nexus One Build/FRF85B) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

This thread delivers......

CONFIRMED. :D

7. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

i can confirm that your confirmation is invalid.

8. Fuchal macrumors 68020

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...but is it confirmed and can you confirm by who?

10. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

No company would ever release such an update on a Friday.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I can tell you 2 things for certain without getting confirmation from anywhere:

1) Apple is most certainly testing everything they can. There's no way their engineers are going home at 5 PM every day while the media keeps talking about this. I can promise you that they're living at work right now.

2) Apple is obviously going to tell the store and phone employees to pretty much say nothing. You don't want to make promises when you don't even know what you're dealing with.

- - -

I could have told you all that last week. Since then, we've seen an Apple store memo that says pretty much point #2, and now you're talking about a Steve Jobs e-mail that sure seems to match point #1.

Are the e-mail and the memo real? I don't know. But it doesn't matter if they are. Point 1 and 2 are clearly both real so it doesn't matter if this evidence is real or fake. We really don't need them to deduce those 2 facts.

12. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Some of Steve's emails are legit. There are a few that he has specifically commented on later, so there is a definite possibility that the email is legit.

However, there is not way to know for sure if this particular email is legit, and even if it is, it's not clear what it means. It could mean a fix is coming, it could mean they're going to blame the users, it could mean they're going to blame AT&T.

Anything is possible with such a wide-open statement as "Stay Tuned".

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Steve's brain:
    "Stay tuned...for salsa music! ... Heh heh. Suckers!"

:p

14. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

As a guy who works in IT as a sysadmin, I understand where you are coming from(Fridays are a support only role for us), but this situation is a little different. The problem isn't going away as much as Apple may be closing it's eyes right now. Chances are it won't be out on Friday, but considering the situation, conventional wisdom may be out the window already.

15. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I agree with you, I think the Apple memo is just PR damage control until the people behind the scenes get a handle on the situation.

One thing is for sure, they will not just release a patch willy nilly without some serious testing. It would look pretty bad if they acknowledge the problem by releasing a patch, but then not fixing it with a useless update.

I'm still inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt considering they are the huge corporation and I'm just Joe IT guy. I'm not in the position to doubt them at the moment.

I really just want to see them do the right thing. Like I said, I'm pretty freaking happy with the product, but I think that they can do better.

16. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Is that a guess?

17. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

its pretty much been confirmed that there is no DIRECT confirmation of it being released, but steve jobs has indirectly confirmed something will happen by saying stay tuned.

of course it is 100% confirmed by common sense that an iOS update will be released, 4.0 is not the final version of iOS 4.