Stay with hacked, or download update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wingnut8, Jan 15, 2008.

1. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

debating what to do... I guess I might as well stay hacked since it is pretty much the same thing as the $20 update.

2. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

Im thinking the same as you. I have a 1.1.2 jailbroken touch and I already have all 5 of those apps. lol. The only thing I wonder is if I will be able to "rent" movies on the itunes or not?

:apple:

3. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I think you need 1.1.3 to play rented movies (I'm not entirely sure though).

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I'm staying with 1.1.2 JB until theres a way to upgrade to 1.1.3 JB. The apps they offer I already have, no need to ruin everything over some update. I cant wait, my touch is holding up fine.

5. dagored macrumors 65816

It seems to me that if you are jailbroken in 1.1.2, going to 1.1.3 (plus paying $20) is like a downgrade. Look at all the other stuff you can not do with the upgrade (downgrade) that you can do jailbroken.

AAANND you want to pay $20 for this. PLEASE someone explain this to me. I don't get it.

6. Quasiportnoy macrumors regular

Just wait for the iPhone dev team. A week or two and they'll probably have 1.1.3 hacked, I'd bet.

Good things come to those who wait...

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

There are those who are THAT dedicated to Apple.

I mean, just give it a few, someones going to upload it soon. Later on we'll expect a JB 1.1.3, everyones happy. (maybe not the people who paid but, their loss).

8. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I'm waiting... I have all of the 5 apps, plus others and games. I can re-order my apps just fine...the maps locator will only work if you're on a network Skyhook knows about... *shrugs* Waste of $20.

Give it another week or two and I'm sure someone will get a jailbroken 1.1.3 ipod touch.

9. witchdrash macrumors member

Stick with your earlier version, now I've upgraded I can't downgrade so looks like Apple have decided to cut off that particular route.