Staying organized, paper or tech, what's your system?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by entatlrg, Feb 5, 2010.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Do you use old fashioned paper or technology for managing tasks and notes?

There was a good article on Lifehacker a while back about how many geeks and tech lovers still rely on paper for note taking, managing lists etc ... such a moleskins, GTD systems, spiral books to DayTimers ...

What's your system?

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I still take notes on paper if I am writing down commands etc I then put it in a folder. If I see something on the net I will bookmark it

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I usually have a to do list on paper. About 15 things to do, I try to get at least one done per day.

What I hate is if I make a to do list and then do something I need to do, but its not on that list. I end up putting it on the list and crossing it out. I don't get the satisfaction if I don't see it crossed out I guess.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

For work I make a list on paper every day listing what I have to do before I can stop working. I use task lists to set reminders to follow up. At home I use iCal and sync to all Macs and my iPhone. I use post it nots for quick notes and reminders from time to time and take notes on paper then transfer to computer when meetings have ended.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I use iCal to remember specific dates, but typically I just remember what I need to do and when I need to do it by.

The only time I use To Do lists is when I have 20-30 items that need to be done in a short period of time. For example, when I move, I make a list of all the places I need to call to change my address or service.

6. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

I use Outlook at work for task reminders and notes (especially useful for billing time spent on case files -- I work in a law office). I did carry around a DayRunner for a long time, but I have since put it aside. Occasionally I will scrawl myself a note on paper.

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i still take notes on paper but i end up losing it a few minutes after writing them. i am trying to start a habit or writing it down using the iphone.

8. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I take class notes on spiral paper, each binder a different subject.

I use iCal and MobileMe for remembering dates.

I use iStudiez Pro with Push from the App Store to remember assignments and class schedules.

I use the sound of my tummy growling to remind me to eat. ;)

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The last time I used iCal for an appointment, I forgot it. I use my whiteboard thats in reach from my computer desk. Its usually scribbled all to hell with random reminders/phone numbers.

10. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I'm totally unorganized, therefore, I have no system.