Staying Put?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nviz22, Sep 25, 2017.

1. nviz22 macrumors 603

nviz22

After playing with the iPhone 8+ side by side with the 7+, I felt like staying put would be smarter than upgrading?

I understand Apple's trend is to nickel and dime people in addition to charging premium prices, but they are going too far by not adding quick charge out of the box with the iPhone 8/8+/X? The big 8+ screen only seems to offer better battery life than its smaller sibling. Why can't we get better usage out of a bigger screen, like split-screen multi-tasking or stuff to maximize the real estate?

Isn't $799 USD too much for a device that only offers a 1080p LCD display, 3GB RAM, no headphone jack, a protruding camera, and slow charging out of the box? When is the right time to consider picking up the iPhone 8/8+ then? Next year? Or will the 2018 iPhones retire the 8/8+ while also making the iPhone X much more affordable?

2. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

Your 7+ is a great device for the next two years, maybe three. Keep it.

3. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Whatever you gotta do to convince yourself it isn't worth it is the smart move.

I did that last year... standing pat with the 6s Plus and skipping the 7.

I went to the 8 Plus this year... a much bigger upgrade for me than it is for you right now.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Staying with the SE until they offer me an upgrade in that size or I'm forced to look elsewhere. :cool:

5. solo118 macrumors 65816

I think the 8/8+ is for those that have a 6S or older. Keep and enjoy your 7+, as it will do just fine just minus wireless charging.

6. bigfatipod macrumors regular

Your statements are probably not wrong. I have an iPhone 6 that is showing its age, so I am someone that's probably going to upgrade.

I do think that people would be more inclined to upgrade if the carrier subsidies were still in play. I think that's something that many people are overlooking nowadays and (finally?) realizing just how big of a price tag these things carry.

7. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

I don't get why people expect they need to upgrade a phone each year, for any amazing improvements you have to wait 2 years if not 3 years now. I went from the 6 to the 8 and it was a pretty nice jump, wait another year or 2 and then upgrade.

8. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 603

nviz22

I really wanted the iPhone X until I saw the pricing.