Staying with my 5S until September

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Mar 11, 2014.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I usually jump at new technology. The larger and better screens on the GS5 and the new HTC one are kind of appealing, but the hassle is just not worth it. The recent bugs with KitKat are symptomatic of Android just not being totally reliable. A larger screen would be nice, but I'll wait for the Iphone 6.

2. cynics macrumors G3

I'd have waited until we got the bad taste of iOS 7.0.x out of our mouths before calling anything unreliable. :)

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

What if iPhone 6 comes out before September and you buy it, thus not staying with the 5s for as long as advertised you liar :mad:

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

A whole year on one piece of equipment? Congratulations!

5. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

As a user of iOS, WP and Android devices (iphones, android phones, tablets etc.) I have no problem saying iOS has has it's own set of issues this past go around. Especially in the crashing department. No matter what platform you run there will be bugs. They may not affect you or me but they are out there and it doesn't take more than 2 minutes on this forum to find multiple examples. I haven't had reliability issues with Android itself in well over a year. Does that mean no problems exist? Of course not. I just haven't experienced them. Same goes for iOS, or WP, or whatever platform you chose.

And congratulations on sticking with a phone for a whole year. ;)

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Agreed!

7.1 has fixed my family's issues though.

I had many issues with music (namely iradio) Those are all gone. Mom had some weird issues with her email settings "being forgotten". Wife had sluggish Safari. So far all issues have been patched.

I had to lose my jailbreak for this (all I was using it for was unlimited Pandora skips) but I am pretty happy with this thus far.

7. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I think I'll be sticking with the 5s for a long time. It's a great phone, fast, has everything I need. Picked up two unlocked 5s, I think we'll be happy with them for years.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Me too.

In the meantime I may pick up the new Galaxy S5.

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I'm sometimes tempted to get a galaxy but ill never go through with it. ill always stick with iPhones.

10. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

While I have a bunch of Android phones to play with and use as backup, I doubt I'll be replacing the iPhone as my main driver anytime soon. The whole family has iPhones and iPads and we just rely on FaceTime and iMessage too much.

11. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

thats all part of the plan...

12. spades1412 macrumors 6502

13. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Nice! I'm staying with my iPhone 4 that I got on launch day until September.

14. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I'm never tempted by any samsung phone because as a rule their outgoing voice quality is terrible (as was the iPhone until the 4s). MotoX and iPhone 5s currently have the best mics of currently made phones. I've given up hoping that review sites might someday do objective testing of phones used as phones for voice conversation so I've had to develop my own testing strategy and Samsung is consistently at the bottom for understandability. I think that the primary reason for this is that Korean language is still quite understandable when high frequencies are rolled off, while English most certainly is not.

15. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Just saw this year old thread and in fact, I did lie. I picked up a LG G2 in June 14. It was a great, great phone. I really liked the large screen in a reasonable format with wireless charging.

However, I did get the iphone 6 in September ( on the first day ) and I am so happy to be back with Apple. I think I will stay with the Iphone 6. A spec bump and force touch in Sept 15 don't do much for me. At least that's my plan for now, although strange forces seem to affect me when I am in an Apple store.

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well. Neither the 5c, 5s or the 6/6+ did it for me.

Still using my launch day iPhone 5.