Stealing $ through iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ja Di ksw, May 19, 2009.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

It probably has something to do with that swine flu coverage link at the top of that page >.> damn swines!

Sorry. I don't trust FOX News. But as you said, take it for what its worth.

3. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Yeah, Fox is Fox, I'm not suggesting people believe this without looking into it further, just wanting to point out that someone out there is claiming it (even if that someone is as [deleted by me before this gets me banned] as Fox is).

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Identity theft can target any internet store.

A fool and his money is soon parted via phishing schemes on any computer platform or via compromised computers on windows computers.

The news report is wrong. The credit card company definitely has the power to reverse charges. Anyone with half a brain would buy everything through a credit card due to its additional protection against fraud.

Nothing to see here, move along.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The one thing I'd be concerned about is that, IIRC, previously it's been shown that, unsurprisingly, credit card skimming is harder to track than scams that involve spending on large dollar figures. The iTunes one makes it even worse, since one expects the charges from them, and they're so small that many of us don't keep track of how many songs or when we buy them over the course of the month.

It would be nice if... Apple aggregated and charged weekly or monthly for the iTunes store instead of individually, or else perhaps provided a monthly summary statement that could be checked against the credit card more easily.