Steam account question

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dobbs2, May 16, 2010.

1. Dobbs2 macrumors 6502

Ok I bought all of the monkey island episodes off of the telltale website about a month ago. I didn't think they would come out on the steam platform for awhile. Can I make these a part of my steam account or will they always just be short cuts. The reason I want these attached to my steam account is I want to be able to download them to different computers every now and then and only have to use one account instead of two. Is this possible? If I enter the serials that telltale gave me will that work on steam?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I don't know if they will let you do it, but contacting Valve might lead you in the right direction.

3. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

There should be an option to enter serial number to "try" to attach the games to steam. I do not think it is going to work since it isn't listed on steam to work that way. Unreal Tournament 3 retail keys do work for steam though.

4. Dobbs2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I sent them an email we'll see how this goes.

Also I created an account for my wife. On the website it says she is logged in, but in the app it says I'm logged in. how do you switch between the two like if she wants to play a game under her account and then I want to play on my account.

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

In Steam : Account - Change User . . .
    On the Website : (upper right corner) Logout

6. Dobbs2 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't see it here is a pic.

When I log off from the website I'm still logged in with the same account on the app. Wow I feel dumb.

Attached Files:

7. Dobbs2 thread starter macrumors 6502