Steam & Boot Camp (Winblows 7)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by spencerinsb, Jun 15, 2009.

1. spencerinsb macrumors newbie

Hey, I just installed Winblows 7 which I downloaded officially from Microsoft.com and so I got it working BUT when I install Steam (Steampowered.com) and I download a game such as Garry's Mod its says Preparing to load "[insert game name here]" and then it does its little loading cursor and then its doesn't do anything it just stops and the launching window closes and it won't start. Any ideas? is it Winblows 7? Something went wrong? Thanks.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

How fast is your internet connection and doesn't Garry's Mod require a Source game to be installed beforehand?

3. hoonu macrumors regular

I'm using Steam on Win7 with all the HL2, CS: Source, COD4, and others with no issues.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Is the cancel button grayed out? It takes my Steam anywhere from 2 seconds to 30 before that message closes and the game loads.

Are you running Peerguardian or have any firewall stuff open? That kind of stuff can stop a game loading. Can you access other things in Steam like the community page and the friends list?

5. spencerinsb thread starter macrumors newbie

Could it be...?

I haven't installed the winblows drivers. Could it be that? or would it not really make a difference?

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Did you installed the Steam client without an internet connection?

7. spencerinsb thread starter macrumors newbie

Not that I remember. I downloaded it logged in and download the games.

8. mindmeld macrumors newbie

Start taskmananger check if you see any steam processes started if you do cancel them and then you should be able to start steam and continue downloading/starting the game.