Steam For Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by RichMacca, Mar 12, 2011.

1. RichMacca macrumors member

Hello,

I have steam for mac and I've bought a couple of games through it. At the moment I'm in the process of downloading Company of Heroes, its a windows only game but I'm downloading it on OSX.

My questions is how do I transfer this game download onto my steam account in boot camp, which is how I'm going to run the game.

I only use windows for playing games and don't want to leave it on while I'm background download games that take 6-7 hours!

Cheers

Rich

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You have to re-download it on the Windows side.

3. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

After downloading, you can try copying the Company of Heros folder from Mac to Windows before re-downloading. The downloader will see the existing folder and may just re-download the ones you need to play the game on Windows. The folder on the Mac side is under your user home folder, "Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/".

In the future, you will be better off just downloading the game on the OS it's playable on.

4. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

How is Mac Steam letting you download a windows-only game??? It doesn't let me do that!

Anyway, when you've finished downloading it, just go into windows, start the download process again, pause it immediately, find the new folders that have been created, and then replace these with the complete folders that you downloaded using Mac Steam. When you un-pause the download, it should only need to download a hundred meg or so, basically just adding the windows executables.