Steam Gamers Roll Call

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by tdgrn, Mar 24, 2009.

1. tdgrn macrumors 6502

What games do you guys (and girls) play on Steam? I have just recently started to game more on my Mac (in bootcamp) with steam. Below are the games I play / or am thinking about buying. My steam id is tdgrn also, so add me if you ever want to play.

Favorites
    Left 4 Dead
    Counterstrike : Source

Thinking about buying
    Team Fortress 2
    Half Life Series

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I'm on Steam. SteamID is Mackilroy (convenient, eh?). Mostly I play Left 4 Dead, though I also have Team Fortress 2. Other than that... I have Portal, but obviously that's not multiplayer.

3. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

Mostly CS:S, TF2, or Trackmania. But I am not on very often. Gonna be working through the hl2 games soon I think. :apple:

4. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

My id is txa1265 ... as for my games, I have ~40 or so Steam games ... don't play online much at all.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I have bang on 50 games now. At least an hour of L4D a day, used to play TF2 religiously but I'm taking a break. UT3 sometimes. Don't play CS:S or HL2: DM these days.

I'd post my ID but I only play with people in the UK for lag reasons.

6. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I love steam. I recommend getting The Orange Box if you're interested in TF2 or HL2 series as it will give you all of those plus Portal. You can find it retail for $30 to register on steam, or via steam store, or I'm sure you can find purchase keys and cheaper online. DO IT! great games.

7. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I love me some Steam games. I play TF2 all the time. You can find it on sale through Steam for $10 sometimes. What a great game for a great price.

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You hates us. :( :eek: :D

9. Keleko macrumors 68000

I'm using Steam. I have Civ IV and Rome: Total War loaded in Crossover Games on the OS X side. On my bootcamp Windows I have Dawn of War 2 and Empire: Total War.

Edit: Forgot Spell Force 2 in Crossover Games from Steam, too.

10. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I have all the Valve games except Lef4Dead (got it on my other account though ;) )
    VPrime for friends list, but I dont play much any more

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That does it! You, me, TF2. NOW boyo.
    :D

But really. Once I get a good enough connection (Europe isn't the internet goldenland some make it out to be) I'll get back to yas all :) 512kbps over a very long and laggy wifi connection makes for poor gaming.

12. TheVendor macrumors member

SteamID is TheVendor, I mostly play Left4Dead and TF2 online. Playing Half-Life 2 over LAN (using Synergy) with some buddies is always fun though. :)

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

sikki_nixx for me.

Basically all I play online is L4D.

14. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I am using Wireless N only at 5.0ghz from 1 floor way. Almost no lag from wifi. I would say at most 10ms lag for me on wifi if no interference.

Router with G wireless -ethernet-> Airport Extreme Base Station with N only 5.0ghz (placed vertically)

... wireless ...

Airport Express -ethernet-> ethernet switch -ethernet-> devices

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Probably with an N-band router for me is the abundance of DS's, PSP's... actually out of 12 wireless receivers only 3 are N-band, and 2 of them I have to buy the drivers from Apple :mad:

16. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackmac
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/macrumors

I keep dedicated G and N network.
    If you have B devices I would also do a B network or upgrade to G or better.

There is a widget that checks closeby wifi network signal strength, so you can figure out which channel will overlap the least with other networks.

As the N upgrade, you only have to buy it once. And it's only nominal few dollars.

FYI had to nuke the gaming machine last night. Joy of windows.

17. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

My ID is barr08. I play L4D constantly. Other top steam games include CS:S, TF2, Portal

18. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I just got Dawn of War II, ****'s pretty phat. RTS/RPG

19. Shrimp4074 macrumors newbie

http://steamcommunity.com/id/z0rpy

I mainly play Left 4 Dead, TF2 and Garry's Mod, although I was playing Half Life 2 earlier since it was sitting in my account and I never played through it. I must say it was a fairly decent game, only downside was that I had to force AA through the driver level. (The 6x AA they had as an option for the max was ridiculous)

20. bobriot macrumors member

My name is Assmonkey on Steam, played the orangebox and I enjoy the sale stuff on weekend deals. Picked up 4 Ubisoft titles for £8. I like steam as I always loose the disks and or get knobbed off with having to install/patch a game every time I move to a new computer.

21. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

mine's "jimmy_ying".

Only games I really play is L4D and CS:Source (even though I suck.. but I still play it)

22. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Favorites
    Left 4 Dead
    Team Fortress 2
    Dawn of War 2

Thinking about buying
    Half Life Complete Pack
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Red Alert 3

[​IMG]
    Steam Page

23. rybka007 macrumors newbie

24. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

How much is the HL Complete Pack? Might be best to get the Orange Box, but you already have TF2. You'd get portal, just not HL1 and whatever else comes with it. But either way, you HAVE to get/play HL2 + eps.

25. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I Have The Orange Box, i want the Half Life Complete Pack (Half Life, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, HL Deathmatch, Team Fortress Classic) Not the HL Series Pack. Its £8.99 i believe, the Full pack is £26 i think.