Steam Games and rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ducatiti, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ducatiti, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

ducatiti macrumors 6502a

So they have a deal right not which includes 5 games worth $75, now for only $9.99. (only a couple of hours left)

I went ahead and installed Steam and the first two games via Windows 7 in Boot Camp. Installed all the Windows update successfully.

But when I start one of the games, it says that it will begin launching it but does not do anything else.

For those are doing gaming via Steam, what am I missing here?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Being in Win 7 for couple of hours, I surely miss the Mountain Lion interface!

Here is a the link: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16229

2. Dronac macrumors member

Are you running gfxCardStatus? The last steam update is incompatible with it. Kill it the first time you run a steam game, and then you should be able to run the game without issue with it running from then on out. Valve is working on the issue from what the CS rep told me. Until then, kill gfxCardsStatus when launching a new game.

3. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for your prompt reply but I'm not running gfxCardsStatus.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Have you tried on the OS X side? I run steam games off there on my late 2011 MBP and haven't had any issues.

5. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

But the games will only run on PC.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Oh sorry, my mistake, I guess that fact that I only shop in the mac section should have given me an indication.