Steam Games and rMBP?

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
So they have a deal right not which includes 5 games worth $75, now for only $9.99. (only a couple of hours left)

I went ahead and installed Steam and the first two games via Windows 7 in Boot Camp. Installed all the Windows update successfully.

But when I start one of the games, it says that it will begin launching it but does not do anything else.

For those are doing gaming via Steam, what am I missing here?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Being in Win 7 for couple of hours, I surely miss the Mountain Lion interface!

Here is a the link: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16229

Last edited:

Dronac

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
So they have a deal right not which includes 5 games worth $75, now for only $9.99. (only a couple of hours left)

I went ahead and installed Steam and the first two games via Windows 7 in Boot Camp. Installed all the Windows update successfully.

But when I start one of the games, it says that it will begin launching it but does not do anything else.

For those are doing gaming via Steam, what am I missing here?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Being in Win 7 for couple of hours, I surely miss the Mountain Lion interface!

Here is a the link: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16229
Are you running gfxCardStatus? The last steam update is incompatible with it. Kill it the first time you run a steam game, and then you should be able to run the game without issue with it running from then on out. Valve is working on the issue from what the CS rep told me. Until then, kill gfxCardsStatus when launching a new game.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Are you running gfxCardStatus? The last steam update is incompatible with it. Kill it the first time you run a steam game, and then you should be able to run the game without issue with it running from then on out. Valve is working on the issue from what the CS rep told me. Until then, kill gfxCardsStatus when launching a new game.
Thank you for your prompt reply but I'm not running gfxCardsStatus.