Steam games

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by AE50P, May 31, 2010.

1. AE50P macrumors newbie

AE50P

Will most of the new games that will be released for steam come out for both Mac and PC? I think remember reading that valve will do that, although I'm not altogether sure. I just want to be sure before i get a new computer and decide to put windows on it.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Valve's games will have a simultaneous launch. For the rest though it's going to be up to the individual publisher. I highly doubt that we'll see very many games until more stats pour in and things become more established.

3. Nexcin macrumors member

With a bit of luck, you might see existing Steam/Win games crossover to Steam/Mac in time.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

All of Valves will, some other developers will. But I'd imagine the bulk of the ~1200 games on Steam won't support OSX.

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

This is why I'm hoping Valve will be able to sweet talk Aspyr into joining them.
    And I hope that ID software will put their Mac releases onto Steam.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I emailed Zenimax asking this exact thing, they said they haven't announced anything yet. One of those typical replies that sounds like they will be doing it, just not yet whilst also removing all responsibility incase it doesn't happen... you know the type!