steam left for dead 2

Discussion in 'iMac' started by frunkis54, Oct 6, 2010.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i just saw left for dead 2 available so i downloaded it during the download it said i don't meet the requirements. i have the newer i5 imac 27" will that not play that game? it says i still have a few hours of download time :(

2. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

I have an i5 imac as well and it plays it perfectly.. you won't be able to have it on max settings though.. medium is about right.

3. GyroFX macrumors 6502

steam is not even letting me download it for the past day...

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I am put off by the 11GB download! Only reason i haven't yet.

5. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

only took me about an hour and half to download it last night.
    Took me almost as long for it to process my order, kept saying unable to process your order try again.

LOL

Runs great on my i3. Much better than the Crossover version.

6. henleyregatta macrumors newbie

CPU should be fine, it's the GPU to worry about

Two points: It's a Source-engine game. If you can play Portal, or Half-Life 2, or Team Fortress 2 on your Mac, then L4D2 should work fine too.

Second point is that Steam seems to be struggling a bit this week with lots of updates. I bought L4D2 on Tuesday night (GMT+1) but I got continuous "Server Too Busy" messages downloading until Wednesday morning. Game downloaded OK over the course of yesterday and I could play it OK last night.

(I've got an i7 late-2009 27" iMac with the 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4850. Source-engine games at native resolution and high settings (but with AA turned off) get ~50fps steady for me on OS X. Including L4D2)