Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I’m still sticking with my AMD Ryzen 5950x with Radeon RX 3900. That’s still going to beat Macs.
This is for people who have gaming PCs. Steam Link for macOS allows streaming from your Windows PC to your Mac. I have a gaming PC running Windows, and I occasionally stream games on it to my MacBook Pro, iPhone, NVidia Shield TV Pro, etc. I'm less inclined to do so after getting a 165Hz monitor, but there are still times where streaming to another device in the house is a nice option.

Of course this is not new, you could do this with the regular Steam app on macOS, but this is in the Mac App Store, and may be better for people who don't need the full Steam app on their Mac and only need the streaming client.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
We use Steam streaming all the time in my house. It works flawlessly to my 2011 MBP and wife's 2012. I'll be trying this out for sure. I'm hoping it has the automatic WoL / Sleep implemented like the hardware box does. I'm happy they support back to 10.13 so I can actually install it too. :p

Hopefully it works better than the iOS version. Constant freezes on OG iPad Pro, not really usable.

Pow!

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Toronto
Very grateful it’s for High Sierra, grabbing it quickly before any updates, though to be fair I haven’t checked the reqs on the full Steam.

Resolve going Catalina-only is a punch in the gut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.