Steam on your Macbook Pro (trackpad gaming): What games did you get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soapage, May 13, 2010.

1. soapage macrumors member

I just downloaded torchlight... i created this thread for people who are using their macbook to game with the trackpad. i found tht for light gaming the trackpad is fine.... what cool or indie games have you enjoyed?

2. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I played Portal all day today and beat it with only a trackpad. Quite enjoyable actually. It's free until the 24th by the way so get it quick!

3. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

Just Portal so far. Steam still seems awfully buggy (every time I exit Portal or Steam, the program crashes instead of properly shutting down), so I'm going to wait before I drop money on other games.

4. singhjeet29 macrumors regular

just Portal So Far, But I'll be getting all HL's and TF2, when they eventually release.

Been good so far, I have the same crashing when quitting issue, or rather it won't quit, so I have to Force Quit it. But I don't mind. Only thing I do mind is the Nuclear Thermal Generator my MBP becomes, although that was expected.

5. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Go full force and buy a Razer Deathadder 3G 3500dpi gaming mouse and play some epic games!!!! hehe :D:apple:

6. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I cannot get Portal to download or install properly. Everytime I open Steam it says updating and downloads a 33 and 2X MB files. Then I tell it to install Portal and it errors either saying server is busy or it just plain crashes. Am I doing something wrong here?

7. ChocoboNL macrumors member

Been trying out portal, cool game, never played it and now it's free, cheah~ :cool:
    Been playing it in bed with a trackpad but decided to step up my game and hook up my mouse, it's easier, but trackpad is doable in first levels, the advanced ones need some faster cursor placement. :p
    Thing that's 'bugging' - all truly cool people use lame puns to mask their coolness - me is having no sound in Portal. :(

8. haisdeaks macrumors member

other than portal, which i wouldn't really consider a game trackpad friendly, peggle is a great game to kill time; world of goo and osmos are two more laid back games as part of the indie game pack which i've enjoyed too. quantz was a bargin at £2.40 (70%) off but dont see it being as addictive as peggle!

9. DanteDrac macrumors newbie

Gotta love World of Goo which is also part of the Indie Pack. Very trackpadable.

10. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Portal and Torchlight Demo. I'll purchase Torchlight this weekend, it really is well done.

11. soapage thread starter macrumors member

torchlight is really cool and i have gotten far with the trackpad in bed... its fun and not too intense to stress you out. i had finished portal on xbox so i didnt bother getting it. i am thinking o getin world of goo and/or flight of the icarus.
    i play with the mouse when i get the chance but sometimes its nice to pass the time in airports and such.

and steam also crashes on me :S

cant wait for TF2

12. Tino04 macrumors member

Any sign of Left 4 Dead or the sequel?

I didn't even realise Steam was up :eek: