Steam problem?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by yayitsezekiel, May 12, 2010.

1. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

Hi everyone, I had a run-in with a problem with steam. I startup steam like normal and I try to login to my existing account that I had previously on my windows partition and I get this: (in pictures). Should I just wait and try later or does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks

I even tried making a different account but it wouldn't let me do that :(

Attached Files:

2. darkmoon12198 macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem! I uninstalled Steam, and tried reinstalling. No luck... Someone find a fix! Before Portal is free no more!

3. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

4. yayitsezekiel thread starter macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

:/ hopefully someone can figure this out! i want me some free portal :rolleyes:

5. crunchbox macrumors newbie

6. yayitsezekiel thread starter macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

EDIT: THIS WORKS. If you have peerguardian installed, re-download peerguardian to get the uninstaller in the .zip, uninstall it, and you'll be made in the shade

And thank you for the link, i'm sure the other people in this thread will be very happy :D

7. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

8. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Seriously? Delete PeerGuardian? There has to be a better solution...Either editing a setting in Peerguardian or configuring Steam so it doesn't run into the same problem or something....I use Peerguardian...Don't wanna delete it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

9. crunchbox macrumors newbie

Yeah dude, just edit the PG list so that the steam servers are allowed... I only suggested removing PG because I find that it's a terrible mac app. Great on PC however... UI-wise.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aw I wanted to be the thread saviour... I couldn't log in during the launch. Deleted Peerguardian (never use it anyways) and all was well.